Saturday, January 14, 2012

Gudeg


 Gudeg is a traditional dish from Yogyakarta and Central Java. It is made from young jack fruits (nangka). I´ve got the  brown color from tea bags, because I don´t have teak leaves which are commonly used to make the reddish brown color to the dish.  Normally,  It takes several hours to cook gudeg,  but I just make it simple...put all  ingredients in the press cooker. Done.....in about 45 minutes :). My second time to join Tata Bonata and Monica´s Party :)



ingredients:
4 cans young jack fruit (1,3 kg)
6 boiled eggs
3 chicken thigh legs
1 can (400 ml) coconut milk
200 g palm sugar
4 bay leaves
2 cm galangal
1-2 tea bags 
salt 

spices to grind: 100 g shallots, 7 cloves of garlic, 1 tablespoon coriander, 5 candle nuts

directions: in a saucepan, pour in coconut milk, palm sugar, bring to boil. Add tea bags, then sifted. Put all ingredients in to a pressure cooker, Cook for about 45 minutes with small heat. Serve with nasi, sambal goreng krecek, tempe and tahu bacem, opor ayam ^^

1 comment:

Little Corner of Mine said...

Must be fragrantly infused with tea, galangal and bay leaves! I still haven't gotten the nerve to use my pressure cooker. :(